CBC President Terry Kimbrow Talks About the Annual Fund and CBC Day.
You Can Change a Life:
Would you give a little if you knew it would make a big impact? That's what the CBC Annual Fund is designed to do. I've heard many people say, "I can't give enough to make a difference." I hope you know that every contribution to CBC, whatever the size, enables us to continue our mission, which is "the integration of Christian Faith and academic excellence in a Christ focused environment."
The Annual Fund allows you to partner with us in changing lives; it ensures that we are able to provide the resources and support necessary for students to receive a quality education. It is designed to help the College serve students on a day-to-day basis. While we have been so blessed to receive some large contributions to our Vision 2020: A Miracle in the Making capital campaign, those monies are designated for building projects and cannot be used for daily operations. As the institution grows, our general operating budget increases with it.
Importance of the Annual Fund:
Here are just a few of the ways your contribution to the Annual Fund will make a difference:
- Ministry Discount: Students in the traditional program who are licensed or ordained to the preaching ministry by a qualified church and are actively attending or serving in a qualified church or wives and dependent children of an ordained preacher in the preaching ministry and actively serving in a qualified church are eligible to receive the Ministry Discount. Qualified churches are as follows: Baptist Missionary Association of America (BMAA) churches, including foreign mission churches (50% tuition discount); Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) and American Baptist Association (ABA) churches receive a 40% tuition discount.
- Scholarships: Each year hundreds of thousands of dollars are awarded in the form of academic and performance (athletic and music) scholarships.
- Spiritual Life Programs: What makes CBC different from other institutions is that we do not just focus on students’ academic needs. An integral part of our mission is to tend to their spiritual development. All students, both those in the traditional and PACE programs, complete nine credit hours of Bible as part of their degree programs. Students are also required to attend weekly chapel services, and they have the opportunity to participate in small groups each semester. Spiritual Life Programs are led by Donny Parrish.
- Professional Development for Faculty and Staff: To best serve our students, faculty and staff must stay current in their field. New discoveries and innovations occur daily and to be able to best prepare our students, all of our employees must be life-long learners. This happens in the form of membership in professional organizations, conferences, on-site or online training programs, webinars, books, videos, etc.
It’s Easy & Fun to Give:
I have not always felt this way, but I do now. I love to give to causes that make a difference. The Annual Fund at Central Baptist College is certainly top on my list. As an individual, you can contribute to the Annual Fund by making a one-time or monthly gift. Go to cbc.edu and click on "Give to CBC." This will take you to our online giving portal. To give monthly by auto-draft, click on "pledge" on the "type of gift" menu.
CBC Day in BMA Churches:
Churches can also support the Annual Fund by observing CBC Day, this year scheduled for September 18, 2016. On this day, pastors are asked to lead their churches to take a one-time offering for the Annual Fund and/or make a pledge to give additional offerings over the 12 months to follow. If this day is not convenient or does not fit into your church calendar, please consider an alternate date that best suits the needs of your church.
Examples of how other churches have participated in a CBC Day in past years:
- Invited me to preach and/or give a CBC update during a service
- Invited the CBC Singers to lead in worship
- Invited current students to share how God has used CBC in their lives
- Ordered materials from CBC to set up a table display in the church lobby
- Taken a one-time special offering for CBC
- Included CBC in the church's monthly budget
What Will God Do Through You?
I would greatly appreciate your prayers for me and my executive leadership team as we plan for the future of Central Baptist College. I often reflect on the advice shared with me as I have visited with Dr. Elmer Towns, author and co-founder of Liberty University. Dr. Towns looked me in the eyes and gave me this charge, "Terry, we have a 'Big God' so dream 'Big Dreams.' God can do anything if you have faith and trust in Him." Do you believe that? I certainly do!
I ask you now, as I have in the past, to STRETCH! I don't want to see what you or I can do; I want to be astounded by what God will do. Will you support CBC's Annual Fund this year?
"Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think - Ephesians 3:20-21
For more information about the Annual Fund, for questions about making a contribution, or to request a CBC representative to attend your church, please contact Sancy Faulk, Vice President for Advancement, at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.205.8799.
Back to Blog Posts