Department: Physical Plant
Job Status: Full –Time with Benefits
Start Date: TBD
Custodial Team Lead
The Custodial Team Lead is responsible for cleaning and leading a team of custodians. Our goal is to maintain safe, healthy, and clean buildings. The qualified applicant is responsible for cleaning and monitoring work of the custodial team.
- Uses checklists to ensure standards of excellence in cleaning
- Vacuums, sweeps, cleans carpets and floors
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, surfaces and furniture
- Cleans receptacles as necessary
- Cleans window sills and windows
- Maintains janitor closets and equipment in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Utilizes designated personal protective equipment and supplies as required
- Trains employees and demonstrates appropriate techniques
- Coaches, evaluates, and develops team members to continuously improve performance
- Responsible for managing supplies and equipment
- Monitors overtime to meet fiscal goals
- Other routine maintenance and janitorial duties as assigned
Essential Job Functions
Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to communicate with students, employees and managers. Must be able to work as a team member, coordinating the activities of a small staff. Must have a thorough working knowledge of a broad spectrum of custodial equipment and cleaning chemicals. Must have a thorough knowledge of OSHA safety and be able to interpret Safety Data Sheets. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be able to use a computer-based program to manage time cards. Must be able to stand over 90% of the time.
High School Diploma or GED required
Custodial experience required
Qualified candidates should send an application to HR@cbc.edu or CBC Human Resources, 1501 College Ave, Conway, AR 72034. EOE. Non-listed references may be contacted.